Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rough patch

Hi guys,

Apologies for not writing as much of late. Have been having a really crappy time. Between the Endo an my OBGYN appointment not until July, bad bad pains in the ovary area which are reminding me of the times I had cysts burst and my passing out not getting sorted yet I've just not had any time to sit and write.

I had to see a Neurologist last week for the passing out/ fainting/ black outs I've been having since last August. We can't seem to find a trigger or possible reason at the moment for these. I'll be completely honest here I'm also struggling with PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder), an anxiety disorder plus my Endo which causes me pain daily. Pain that I've learned to live with to a certain extent.

As a Doctor once said to me "You can only judge your bad pain from your last worst episode". Basically we build up a certain tolerance emphasis on the certain. Don't get me wrong it's not a method I've consciously used to diminish my pain it's just very true to a point that you can only base your worst day/pain on the last really bad one.

For me, the pain can be familiar and also can be like a new person that I've just met and don't click with.

The passing out has added a lot of stress for me and my family which consists of my partner, Mum and younger Sister. Well plus six wonderful kitty cats but they are not too effected by the whole thing.

I just want you to bear with me please at the moment I will have the blog up and running smoothly we hope again very soon. I am attending a group therapy session tomorrow, my first ever and am slightly nervous but at the same time looking forward to some positive progress. This group is to help people cope with anxiety and stress and covers a wide base of people and their individual health problems. I have been told that the stresses we all endure will have some sort of common link. Such as how we feel, rather than focusing on our illness. It's something I haven't tried and am willing to keep an open mind about.

I shall post and let you all know how it goes. Thanks again for reading and bearing with me and remember you are not alone. To all my Endo Sister's I hope you are coping as well as you can and wish you lots of healing positivity.

Stay strong.


Once of my Sister's shared this a few weeks ago with me and I love it! Feel free to borrow :-)


No comments: