Monday, March 24, 2014

A shout out to my Supporters

Recently I've noticed on Facebook a trend on some of the Endometriosis Support Groups to have a "shout out" to your biggest supporter. It's a fantastic idea and a greatway to let your lived ones, friends, family whoever really, fur babies included that you acknowledge and appreciate their support whether your at the beginning, middle or end of your journey with this illness.

I know sometimes. I get caught up with different things and especially when I'm having a bad time with my Endo I can forget about what my family might need.

Honestly my biggest supporters have to be my Mum and Vicky. Mum has been there with me all of the way since age 11, all the way through the tests, the surgeries, the treatments and of course at times the somewhat painful, uncomfortable and degrading side effects.



How she put up with me when I was going through rounds of Clomid I'll never know. I was a hormonal mess. Between that Decadently and Depo Provera shots, HRT, trips to A&E, hospital stays, countless hot water bottles, discovering the electric heat pad for me. kindness, love and encouragement. I think the Woman  deserves an award. My Mum means the entire world to be and there is.no possible way I'll ever be able to thank her for everything.g she has done for me and for everything.g she will do for me. I categorically live her with every fibre of my bring and truly believe she's entitled to a shoutout for everything she has sacrificed to make sure I'm well and rake care of. She doesn't let it show too much how difficult it is fir her to watch me go through pain and I know she feels helpless but that kiss, that cuddle, the hug every morning and the love you every night. That's what get you through. I try my best to make her proud and be strong for her and Vicks.

Vicky is like a breath of fresh air. She was about 12 when I first attended the hospital and I do recall her very kindly help.g me ti shower the day I came home from surgery. She even shaved my legs. Fond memory. :-) it's silly things.g's that I remember, that I'll hold onto. Vicks always listens to me, gives some amazing advice and is growing into an incredible young woman. She very sweetly offered to be my surrogate if I ever got to that point. The thing is I know she would actually do that for me. We have a bond that transcends time and space



I don't tell her often enough how unbelievably proud I am of her and her accomplishments to date. She will most definitely leave her mark on this world. You just can't be around and not feel happy.
The first time I saw her I felt an overwhelming surge of live for this tiny being. I took her hand and she held my thumb so tightly that it was there, in that very moment we bonded. Our twin souls had found each other again. she is my Bobi and I her Pipi. Only we know what that means. We have our very own language and the five years between us that once seemed do monstrous a gap is no just the blink of an eye. So she too deserves a shout put. For all the times I was anf will be moody, snappy and too sarky I love you Bobi for loving me and never once making me feel like damaged goods.

You help build my confidence and make me believe in who I am. I could go on c and on really but I must stop.

I am so lucky to have these two strong. Beautiful. Intelligent women on my life.

So thank you!

XxxxX



The Three Musketeers 13th March 2014
Million Women March for Endometriosis

Mum and I with a somewhat blurry Coco.

My Bobi and I. Cuddles! Always makes me feel better. Endo had a good hold on me at this point but Vicks is keeping me smiling here.


.
Just before Christmas 2013. Vicks and I being silly and makeup free.When we get hyper it's like being a kid again with her. I hope that never goes away.


Take a deep breath and place bot feet firmly on the ground. Tap into that natural raw energy from the Earth, draw on it and face each day as it comes.

No comments: